- Construction of sports surfaces
- Hybrid turf systems
- Warm season turf planning and management
- Testing of pitch performance characteristics
- Tournament preparation of surfaces
- Agronomy advice
Examples of projects:
- On-going consultancy for major football stadiums in Australia and SE Asia
- Regular agronomy advice to and performance testing of A League in Australia, including: Suncorp Stadium, Gabba, C-Bus Super Stadium, Central Coast Stadium, Sydney Cricket Ground and AAMI Park.
- Performance testing and consultancy for other major stadiums and council grounds in Australia.
- Consultancy to Hong Kong Stadium (2013) and on-going consultancy and performance testing at the Singapore National Stadium (2016+).
- Consultant for the Liverpool Football Club 2018 tour of Asia and Australia. • Consultant to Football Australia and Rugby Australia with any venues of concern. • Consultant to Asian Football Confederation (AFC).
- Consultancy for other clubs, councils and schools
- Evaluated and consulted to more than 2000 sports fields throughout Australia, NZ and Asia.
- Performance tested in excess of 1500 sports fields, including 500 sports fields for Brisbane City Council, 150 fields for ACT Government and100 fields for Moreton Bay Regional Council.
- Tournament projects
- FIFA GOAL project design and supervision, Oceania, 1990s and 2000s. • Asian Football Confederation consultancy and training.
- FIFA U17 World Cup, 2013 UAE. Assessment of all 30 match and practice venues and development of plans for field improvement.
- Asia Cup 2015 Australia. Preliminary assessment/auditing of proposed Cup venues. • Football Federation of Australia preparation of performance guidelines for Hyundai A League grounds and evaluation of grounds of concern.
- Rugby World Cup 2019. Coordinator for all practice and match venues. • Asian Cricket Council Pitches & Grounds Development Officer for 8 years. • Overseer for cricket and lawn bowls facilities development Commonwealth Games, Kuala Lumpur 1998.
- Stadium playing surface construction and upgrades
- Involved in the design and project supervision of several major sports field constructions or reconstructions, such as the Wellington Stadium NZ, Dolphins Stadium, Brisbane Lions training complex, Queensland and the Sir Hubert Murray Stadium, PNG for the Pacific Games 2015.
- Specifications for the upgrading of the playing surface at numerous stadiums, including: the Gabba, Brisbane, Toowoomba Sports Ground and Central Coast Stadium, NSW.
- Other clients
- Consultancy to racing clubs in Queensland, Victoria and NZ.
- Lawn bowls consultancy and performance testing (I am the Chief Consultant to World Bowls on matters pertaining to playing surfaces).
- Golf course consultancy.